How to Plan Your Wedding Menu
What’s a wedding celebration without an array of lip-smacking, delectable array of foods? Well, for food enthusiasts like us, happily-ever-after and delicious dishes go hand in hand. They’re both parts of the equation, and if you ask us, a well-decided menu is also the key to hosting a successful wedding reception.
We have a range of options for you to choose from, each befitting the grandeur and poignancy of your big day. We know wedding planning demands time and effort, and we promise to make things smooth, easy, and mouthwatering regarding the menu.
With this segment taken care of, you can leave the hard work to us while focusing on the other details of your special day.
Heavy Hors D’oeuvres for an Enjoyable Cocktail Hour- 5 to 6:30 p.m.
If you plan to carry your wedding celebrations into the wee hours of the early morning, dancing away all night, then you should treat your guests with the best. Since they will spend a considerable amount of time at your reception, you could have an extended cocktail hour to set the mood.
Starting with an assortment of heavy hors d'oeuvres for cocktail time is a great idea. We serve these for up to one and a half hours, so there'll be plenty of time and snacks for your guests to munch leisurely.
- Blue cheese stuffed mushrooms
- Tuscan stuffed mushrooms
- Wasabi deviled egg
- Roasted tomato bruschetta
- Tomato basil cheesecake tart
- Rosemary chicken skewers
- Thai duck satay
- Thai chicken salad in wonton cups
Fish and Shellfish
- Shrimp cocktail
- Shrimp tartlet
- Smoked salmon
- Crab Maison profiteroles
- Bacon-wrapped scallops
- Korean beef salad in wonton cups
- Grilled peach and prosciutto bruschetta
- Chicken dumplings
- Marinated beef tenderloin satay
- Pulled pork profiteroles
Plated Entrees – 9:00 p.m. onwards
Nothing beats the grandeur of serving traditional plated entrees at a wedding reception. It strikes a homely, intimate yet formal chord, creating a lavish reception vibe. Besides, plated entrees give you complete control of the feel, taste, experience, and look of the meal you wish to serve your guests.
Our options for plated entrees at your wedding reception include:
- Spring comprises apricot slivers, spring greens, feta, toasted almond, and lemon honey vinaigrette.
- Summer - comprising candied walnuts, red onion, mandarin oranges, strawberries, blueberries, goat cheese, arugula, and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Autumn - sweet potato ribbons, dried apples, spiced pumpkin seeds, field greens, bleu cheese, and poppy seed vinaigrette.
- Winter- spiced pecans, gorgonzola, dried cranberries, pickled shallots, Kale, and pomegranate vinaigrette.
- Classic Caesar- garlic croutons, black olives, shaved parmesan, romaine, Caesar dressing
- Farmer's market- carrot ribbons, red onion, cucumber, grape tomato, seasonal field greens, Dijon-balsamic vinaigrette
Plated Dinner Packages
We serve each entrée with fresh vegetables of the season and a complimentary starch.
- Cinnamon seared pork tenderloin
- Char-grilled fillet mignon
- Barolo-braised short ribs
- Blackened local tofu steak
- Roasted vegetable lasagna
- Acorn squash
Fish and Shellfish
- Citrus Salmon
- Szechuan BBQ Salmon
- Salmon grenobloise
- Surf and Turf
- Chesapeake crab cakes
Are you a host who loves serving more variety on their menu? Then you will indeed find our buffet packages quite appealing. The benefit of serving buffet dinner at your wedding reception is picking a menu that befits your theme.
Moreover, buffets allow hosts more flexibility in accommodating everyone. After all, you and your partner-to-be might be sushi lovers, but you can't afford to offend your grandma, who is a steaks and potatoes girl.
With a buffet package, you'll manage to please every guest, from the vegans to the picky eaters. So if you're ready to WOW your wedding guests with delectable offerings on the menu, look at our options below.
And the best part is that we serve all our buffet packages with house-baked rolls, preset salad, and butter.
Taste of Italy
- Classic Caesar salad
- Garlic bread sticks
- Marinated Tuscan vegetables
- Lasagna Bolognese or vegetable lasagna
- Penne a la vodka with sautéed shrimp
Guaranteed Crowd Pleaser
- Marinated flank steak with cherry mushroom sauce
- Farmer’s market salad with Dijon-balsamic vinaigrette
- Broccoli amandine
- Herb braised red potatoes
- Roasted red pepper chicken
- Honey and dill carrots
A Night on the Town
- Seasonal salad
- New York striploin with sauce chasseur
- Chesapeake crab bisque
- Grilled asparagus
- Salmon grenoblaise
- Smoked gouda mashed potatoes
- Seasonal vegetable medley
Home Sweet Home
- Roasted corn chowder
- Farmer's market salad with Dijon-balsamic vinaigrette
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Southern-style green beans
- Fried chicken with black pepper honey
- Meatloaf with mushroom and onion gravy
With Groovin Gourmets' delicious delicacies, your wedding reception will be no less glorious than a royal ball.