Healthy Catering Options

Did you know that every year, 21% of Americans make it their New Year’s resolution to lose weight or get healthier? While making resolutions is really fun, sticking to them is a little more difficult. The good news? You can maintain a healthy diet while eating catered food. Here at Groovin’, we have some delicious and nourishing menu options that will help you and your guests reach your goals. Hot off our Express menu, these 5 meals will allow you to stick to your resolution and enjoy doing so:

1. Rustic Italian Cod + Citrus Grilled Asparagus + Roasted Baby Red Potatoes: You won’t have to fish for compliments on the food when you serve this to your co-workers (ha...ha). No but seriously, it’s delicious. Cod is over 70% protein, with the other 30% coming from omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which help to reduce the risk of heart disease. Baked with rosemary and red bell peppers, our Italian version packs lots of flavor with little additional fat. Serve it with citrus grilled asparagus for extra fresh flavor and vitamins, and add roasted potatoes for further substance and fiber.

2. Grilled Chicken with Apple Ginger Chutney + Garden Salad + White Corn with Saffron: Out of all the meat we serve, including the dishes that aren’t as healthy, this grilled chicken with apple ginger chutney is probably our staff’s favorite, and we serve rich things like beef tenderloin with blue cheese, so that’s saying something! It’s sweet, spicy, tangy, yet low in fat, and we can just about guarantee that your guests haven’t had anything quite like it before. Include a nutrient dense garden salad and some sweet saffron corn on the side, and you’ve got a well-rounded, colorful meal. To reduce calories and fat even further, simply use the chutney from the chicken instead of dressing. It has far less fat but more flavor than ranch or balsamic combined.

3. Greek Chicken + Garden salad + Parmesan Roasted Vegetables: Seasoned with lemon, oregano, and garlic, and served with roasted tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese in a light broth based, lemon-y sauce, it would be an understatement to say that this chicken is tasty. Add some bulk to your meal with a veggie packed salad, as well as complementary parmesan roasted vegetables. Again, to reduce calories, kick the dressing to the curb and plate the chicken on top of the salad; the sauce will give your greens all the flavor they need.

4. Authentic Chicken Taco Bar + Santa Fe Salad: Tex-mex style food doesn’t have to weigh you down. Our authentic chicken taco bar is a healthier alternative to a normal taco bar for a few reasons: first, it is served with corn tortillas which contain less sugar, fat, and calories yet more fiber than flour tortillas. Second, there is no high fat sour cream or cheese involved; lime crema, cilantro, pico de gallo, and fresh lime wedges add pizazz instead. Serve it with our Santa Fe salad to keep with the theme, and ask for the cheese on the side to control the portion size.

5. Grilled Salmon + Craisin Salad + Citrus Grilled Asparagus: Salmon is one of nature’s healthiest (and in our opinion, tastiest) proteins, as it’s packed with heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids that our bodies cannot produce on their own. Served with our craisin salad (spinach, dried cranberries, diced mango, toasted almonds and our housemade citrus vinaigrette), and citrus grilled asparagus, you’ve got yourself a vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant powerhouse for a green juice required.

Catered food does not have to mean unhealthy food. Whether you’re looking to lose weight or simply eat a more nutritious diet, these 5 meals have got your back. For more menu options or to get recommendations for specific diets, don’t hesitate to give us a call!